Mr. Francis Akinlotan
Francis is an Associate Partner at Probitas Partners LLP. He attended Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, where he obtained his LL.B (Hons.) in 2007.
Francis was admitted to the Nigerian Bar in 2008. He is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (UK).
He has advised on several power projects including the drafting and negotiation of the Engineering Procurement Installation and Commissioning Agreement, Gas Sales and Purchase Agreement and finance agreements. He advised an electric power company on the supply of 2 MW of electricity to a five star hotel in Victoria Island. He is part of the team that advised on the following transactions:
- The construction of an 8.5 MW Power Plant in Lekki, Lagos. The Power Plant was designed and constructed to power public utilities in Victoria Island, Lekki and Ikoyi in Lagos.
- Acquisition of a $50,000,000 (Fifty million Dollars) worth of power asset in Marine Power Limited, Island Power Limited (owners of Island Power Plant), Gascomarine Limited and Akute Power Limited (owners of Akute Power Plant).
- The construction of 3.8MW power plant at Ilupeju Mall;
- The design, construction and operation of a hybrid electricity generating systems in Ondo State for the purpose of supplying electric power to public utilities and communities in Ondo State.
- Reviewed and negotiated EPIC contract with respect to the acquisition of a 3.6MW power plant by Sapio Utilities Limited.
He currently advices Gas Systek Nigeria Limited, a major meter asset provider for the supply of domestic and industrial meters.
Francis is a member of the editorial team of the Electricity Law Reports.